Whether you are a startup or a growing business, the protection of your customer data is vital. How you use, share and store customer data is regulated by an array of protocols including the UK GDPR, Data Protection Act 2018 and the ePrivacy Regulation, not to mention the Data Protection and Digital Information Bill (No.2) making its way through Parliament at the minute.
Get it wrong and you could face Information Commissioners Office (ICO) enforcement, as well as reputational damage caused by negative publicity.
How can we help with data protection issues?
- Your obligations under the current Data Protection Act 2018
and UK GDPR
- Data breach issues, including reporting
- Drafting data protection policies and processes
- Your data processing and sharing agreements
- Due diligence when appointing new suppliers
- Subject access requests and other subject rights under GDPR
- Electronic communications and marketing
- Data protection impact assessments (DPIA) and audits and UK GDPR
- Staff training
- Data export issues with countries outside of of the EEA that do not provide ‘an adequate level of protection’ such as:
- Contractual agreements and data protection clauses to protect your business
- Standard contractual clauses
- Transfer Risk Assessments
- International Data Transfer Agreements
- UK-US Data Bridge
We Can Help If
What We Can Do
It was a pleasure to work with Gary. He delivers a comprehensive service in a friendly and affordable way. He was a breath of fresh air – after struggling with so many super expensive and over-complicated legal consultants.